How This Works

When we find a text online (or on paper) or cool link or teaching resource that we like we create a short post (below) to archive and categorize it. It will grow and grow and grow...

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sitomer: My blog was hacked!

My blog was hacked!: "Hi, my name is Whit Little and I have hacked Alan's blog today to talk to you about this most important of seasons.

The season of data.

See, as we all know it's coming up on testing time and in my role as the DDVP (Data-Driven Vice Principal) I want to make sure that you are properly placing all of your energy into the singularly most important area of a child's education: their standardized test scores.
  • Are your students prepared for the tests?
  • Have you pre-tested the test material in order to make sure that your students are test ready?
  • Have you generated data which can give an indication as to the data that will ultimately be generated from your students' test data?
  • Have you had the requisite amount of conversations about the importance of these tests to your students? (i.e. Twice a day on M,T,F and and three times per day on Tu, Th as per Ed Code Section 6ZL9TH.90L87M-B)
  • Has your faculty engaged in enough meetings about the importance about upcoming tests?
  • Have you done your 'How to properly administer this test' workshop? (And don't give me any of that, 'But I've done this for years, why must I attend the same ol' meeting yet again?' nonsense. It shows a lack of respect for the tests and of the importance of the data that these tests will generate.)
This time of year is no joke and we hope you understand the gravity of these tests. Please report all suspicious peers who display a cavalier attitude about the importance of these tests - or the data - to me, Whit Little. (You can just leave a comment below.)

And if you think it's unethical for me to hack into Alan's blog in order to relay the importance of the upcoming tests, might I remind you that the powers being granted to me, the DDVP, are currently growing in scale and scope to an unprecedented level.

Rightfully so, too. It's a new era and this is but one of many changes to come in the near future so get over yourselves.

And yes, there will be a test.

"

No comments: