How This Works

When we find a text online (or on paper) or cool link or teaching resource that we like we create a short post (below) to archive and categorize it. It will grow and grow and grow...

Monday, September 6, 2010

Huff Post - Davis Guggenheim: Repeat After Me: We Can't Have Great Schools Without Great Teachers

Davis Guggenheim: Repeat After Me: We Can't Have Great Schools Without Great Teachers: "At my house the other night, the suspense was more intense than a thriller. My wife, daughter and I were huddled over a computer in the kitchen. I had control of the mouse, but clearly I wasn't going fast enough scrolling down the list, because my wife snatched it from my hand. Then my daughter shrieked, 'Mom!, it's right there! See!!!' There it was, the list of fourth graders and which teacher was assigned to each student -- her little nine year old finger, hunting for her name. She saw it first and starting squealing, then my wife jumping up and down (I've always been the slow reader) But yes, yes!!!! It was there. We got the teacher we wanted. I joined in the celebration high five-ing my daughter, but more importantly my wife because we knew the single most important factor in determining her success this year would be the teacher she sees at the front of the classroom each day... (Read More!)



Learn more at www.waitingforsuperman.com
Read more: Education, Teachers, Education Reform, Politics News
"

No comments: